Could you limit your wardrobe to 33 items for 3 months? That’s the challenge of “Project 333”, started by Courtney Carver.
Recently I’ve been inspired by the idea of minimalism, which for me means the art of living with less stuff. I’ve uncovered some excellent writing that discusses minimalism and how to apply it to everyday life. But so far, I haven’t actually DONE anything about it. Like by, you know, getting rid of anything.
Courtney’s project has given me a place to start. I’ll be writing about my progress on this blog.
Here are the rules of the challenge, as copied from Courtney’s site.
- When: October 1 – December 31 (It’s never too late to start so join in anytime!)
- What: 33 items including clothing, accessories, jewelry, outerwear and shoes.
- What not: these items are not counted as part of the 33 items – wedding ring, underwear, sleep, in-home lounge wear, and workout clothing (you can only wear your workout clothing to workout)
- How: over the next two months, outline your 33 items, by the 1st of October, box up the remainder of your fashion statement, seal it with tape and put it out of site.
- What else: consider that you are creating a wardrobe that you can live, work and play in for three months. If you purchase items for project 333, stick with the one in, two out approach. Consider the essentials and stick to 33.